Designer: Marcia Spencer
I love a cute stylish pair of socks. In this tutorial I will be making Ellie & Mac “Sew it Forward Sock pattern”. It is such an easy make and so customizable. I will bruising a sheer stretch fabric for this project. This is another great scrap busting project.
*You will need Ellie & Mac FREE Sew it Forward Sock pattern for this tutorial. See link below
Tools and Materials Needed:
- FREE Sew it Forward Sock Pattern
- 1/2 yard stretch fabric
- Serger/Sewing Machine
- OLFA 5-Inch SCS-4 Precision Appliqué Scissors
- OLFA 45mm RTY-2C/NBL Quick-Change Rotary Cutter, Navy
- OLFA RM-MG 24" X 36" Green Double-Sided, Self-Healing Rotary Mat
* Use your OLFA cutting tools to cut out the pattern pieces.
- First with right sides together pin/clip the back bottom to the Back Top matching notches.
- Serge or stitch between the notches using a stitch suitable for stretch fabrics.
- With right sides facing pin/clip the back piece and the front piece matching curves and notches. Serge/Stitch
- Next, fold sock bands with right sides facing and pin/clip raw edges together. Serge/Stitch
5. Fold bands over, wrong sides facing matching raw edges. Then, pin/clip folded band to top opening of sock matching raw edges. Serge/Stitch.
6. Turn seam in!
Voila, You are Done! Wear and Enjoy.