Use bias strips for binding or applique stems. For bias binding, the width is traditionally cut 2 ¼” to 2 ½”.
- Square your fabric edge and leave the fabric on the cutting mat.
- Place the ruler on the fabric, aligning the 45° line on your ruler along the bottom folded edge.
- Beginning at the left side of your fabric, right side for left-handed, cut along the ruler edge from the bottom fold to the selvage.
- Move the ruler over until you have the measurement you need for the bias strip.
- Cut along the ruler edge from the bottom fold to the top selvage.
- Continue moving the ruler along the fabric until you have the number of bias strips you need.