Skill level: Beginner
Finished size: 3” round
A fun fabric stash busting project using your favorite fabric scraps to create a quick & easy earbuds case keychain!
Basic sewing supplies: Sewing machine, pins, thread, iron.
2 scraps of 100% cotton fabric *at least 5” in size
1 scrap of linen or canvas *at least 5” in size
Mid weight fusible woven interfacing
½” D ring
Small scrap of leather or cork
1. Iron your fabrics if needed then cut all 3 pieces into a 4.5” squares with your 4 ½ OLFA frosted acrylic ruler.
2. Cut interfacing into three pieces also 4.5” square.
3. Adhere interfacing to fabric.
4. Cut cork or leather scrap to .5 x 1.5”, slip through D ring and fold closed. Sew a few stitches to hold closed.
1. Take your OLFA Rotary Circle Cutter and set to 1.5”, cut 3 circles from cotton & linen.
2. Fold your 2 cotton circles in half and press with iron.
3. Attach your D-ring to your linen piece on the edge with a few stitches as shown. It doesn’t matter where at all.
4. Place your linen circle right side up, place your circles on top so the folded edges meet in the middle of the circle & pin.
5. Sew around ⅛ & ¼” from the edge as shown. Snip cuts to the ⅛ point, being careful not to cut into the ¼” stitches.
6. Flip from the middle and press out edges to form your circle case. Press well with an iron then top stitch around the edge to secure inside seam.
Finished! Well done!
Now simply, hook your keys on & you now have a handy case to keep your earbuds in so they don’t get tangled up on everything!