Finished Dimensions: 17” x 17” inches
What is needed to create two placemats…
- OLFA Rotary Cutter
- OLFA Splash Navy 24″ x 36″ Double-Sided Rotary Mat (RM-MG/NBL)
- OLFA 5″ Precision Smooth Edge Scissors (SCS-4)
- OLFA Frosted Advantage Rulers
- 1 yard of fabric
- 1 yard of batting
- Sashiko Thread
- Painter Tape
Cut 4 squares — 18 x 18” from fabric
Cut 2 squares — 18” x 18” from batting
- To make a reversible placemat, layer two 18×18” fabric squares, right sides together. Place on top of batting square.
- Stitch through all layers with a ½” seam allowance. Leave a 5” opening in the middle of one side for turning.
3. After you have stitched around the placemats, trim the corners at an angle to reduce bulk. Turn the placemats right side out.
4. Press carefully, pulling the fabric out at the seam allowance so the placemat lies flat.
5. Hand stitch the opening with a running stitch closing the opening.
6. With the placemats right sides up measure 2” from the seam line. Place pieces of painters tape around all four sides to mark the line for stitching.
7. Stitch through all layers using a running stitch. Stitch on both sides of the painters tape, stitching around all sides of the placemat.
8. Here it is all stitched up, ready for you to place on your table!
You can follow Sandra online at: