You may download the full project here. Download now
Try this project with the OLFA Rotary Circle Cutter.
Skill Level 1
Please read all instructions prior to beginning; read and follow all manufacturers’ instructions for all tools and materials used. Provide adult supervision if children participate in the and all craft projects.
- OLFA 5’’ Precision Smooth Edge Scissors
- OLFA 12’’ x 18’’ Splash Self-Healing Rotary Mat
- OLFA Rotary Circle Cutter
- 2 – 6 1/2’’ square fabric prints (I used my Winter Tale collection for Riley Blake Designs)
- Assorted wool felt (orange, cream, red)
- Aurifil Matching color embroidery threads (orange, cream, red)
- Fusible webbing such as Lite Steam A Seam 2
- 4 7/8’’ embroidery hoop
- Lay fusible web, paper side up, over patterns. Use a pencil to trace each pattern, leaving 1/2’’ between tracings. Cut out each fusible-web shape roughly 1/4’’ outside traced lines.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, press each fusible-web shape onto wrong side of designated felt; let cool. Cut out felt shapes on drawn lines. Peel off paper backings.
- Using OLFA Rotary Circle Cutter, cut 6 1/2’’ circle of background fabric.
- Use a pencil or water- or air-soluble fabric pen to trace Fox Pattern onto the center of background fabric.
- Arrange orange for fox body, cream fox face, belly, tail end and red ribbon referring to the pattern. Fuse in place.
- Set the fabric into an embroidery hoop. Slip stitch the appliqué pieces to the background fabric using the same color embroidery thread as the appliqué felt.
- Leaving the stitched piece inside the hoop, run a gathering stitch around the outside of the circle. Pull the ends of the embroidery thread so the fabric is gathered and tie off the ends of the thread.
- Trace the hoop on the paper side of fusible-web and fuse on the wrong side of the print fabric. Cut the circle using OLFA Rotary Circle Cutter and peel off paper backing. Fuse on the back of hoop to cover the back. (step 8 is optional.)
- Dress your Christmas tree with this cute foxy ornament!
Because OLFA has no control over the use of materials and tools., nor surroundings, during construction of projects, OLFA disclaims any liability for injury, damage or other untoward results. Content of this project sheet is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed.
Distributed through OLFA Class Project Program
© 2018 Corelle Brands LLC. All rights reserved. F