Photography: Kitty Wilkin / Quilt Design: Roseann Kermes / Editor: Elizabeth Beese / Machine Quilter: Marilyn Kidd
Early last year we began the process of rounding up designers to work with us on a quilt for the 2019 celebration for the 40th Anniversary of the invention of the rotary cutter, which OLFA invented back in 1979! After many months of hard work we are thrilled to kick off our 40th Anniversary Quilt Along! We are looking forward to celebrating 40 years of this revolutionary tool with you!
- It will run for 40 weeks and include 40 blocks
- Each Monday, beginning February 4, 2019, a new block will be released here on the blog on the quilt along gallery page, as well as over our social channels, Instagram and Facebook
- On the Gallery Page you’ll see a new block with the block name and the designers name. Click on the block name and it will open a PDF downloadable document for you.
- How to navigate the PDF document
- When you’ve completed your block please upload to Instagram or Facebook using the #OLFAquiltalong tag so we can see your work! We will be having random giveaways throughout the quilt along so keep up on your posting!
- The completed quilt size will be 58 ¾ “ x 67 ¼”
- Final assembly instructions will be posted at the end of the quilt along. However here are your ‘get started’ instructions Part 1
- If you have questions on any of the blocks please post them in the social media string for the block itself and we’ll do our best to answer your questions!
Now to the list of wonderful designers / quilters who have helped to create this beautiful anniversary quilt!
Shannon Gillman Orr
Lee Chappell Monroe
Let’s get quilting!!! Head over to the GALLERY PAGE to get this weeks block!