Over a year ago, OLFA began putting in place a 40th Anniversary Quilt to celebrate the invention of the rotary cutter in 1979. We asked 40 designers to make an original block for the quilt. The blocks were sashed and placed in an asymmetrical design with rotary cutters, in all of our colors, around the sides. Beginning in February, we began releasing a block a week so that consumers can sew along with us and make their own quilt. Here are some ways your store can take part.
- Follow along with OLFA and reshare the blocks on your social media platforms.
- Make kits for the background, sashing, and borders in colors to match our various rotary cutter handles.
- Use the blocks as demo opportunities. Some have unusual techniques and all use a variety of OLFA tools that you can show off.
- Use the simpler blocks for a beginner class or those that have a similar technique, such as machine applique, for another.
- Let customers know that you’ll special order any of the tools they need but you don’t have in stock.
- If the designers live near you, invite them in to teach their block in your store.